Tactical Voting
I usually like to stick to my principles but I may have to resort to tactical voting. We'll see. Anyway...Quote of the Election....
"I'm going to vote Lib Dem but I secretly want Labour to get in!"
Not quite sure if V's got the hang of tactical voting just yet!

4 Comments:
tis silly cause we will get to a three party system that way, parliament will be essentially hung for the majority of the time and nothing will get done. Tatical voting sadly does work but is silly, you are not voting with your conscience or your own mind, just because someone told you to. Thats not why millions of people died in wars to protect our country is it?
Not sure I agree with my own post anymore, having watched most of the coverage over night (inbetween sleep) tactical voting to keep out extreme parties/people might be beneficial (thinking of UKIP/Respect etc.)....oh well we are stuck with what we've got for another 4-5 years...!!
When the party you (on principle) want to vote for, has no chance of winning in the constituency you are living in, it is a wasted vote to vote on principle. That's using your mind.Coupled with the fact that i don't like any of the leaders as leaders, it's not surprising that i considered voting for an alternative party.
As for voting with my conscience, at the moment, there is hardly a difference politically between the parties so it's not like i would be going for a big turn around in my views.
And sorry, who said anything about voting tactically "just because someone told me to"?
claire
I meant "you" in an abstract sense, some people in Labour, for instance, were telling supporters to vote Lib Dem to stop the Torries getting in.
Comments about main parties completely true. Am surprised at todays resignation though.
Post a Comment
<< Home