Sunday, May 20, 2007

missing my friends






I hadn't realised how much of a pull I would feel for my lovely friends in Vancouver. Sure, while I was there I knew I would miss my friends in England, as I've known some of them since I was very small. But having only stayed in Vancouver 6 months and meeting people up to the last week (including many interesting people at Big White particuarly Irish weirdos in hats), it just goes to show how much of an impact they had on me, and how close we became.






Obviously Rach and Mark and Andy.



and Paul and Stuart.






but also Erika and Robin...



This was a night out, a couple of weeks before I left, when we went to an Ethiopian place for dinner on Commercial Drive. It was really lovely.




We met Erika at our 'cabin fever' filing job at a big Canadian bank in downtown Vancouver.


me, erika, rach, gary from manchester & monsieur julian and his girlfriend. 1 bank vault, 6 crazy people and 35,000 files. oh the memories.




anyway since then, we became great friends. i miss you erika!






kim and kevin.




kim and I worked together for a while. actually it was only a couple of days, but it was a happy work for me, one of my most fave temp jobs. kim and I kept in touch and she took me to see the Vancouver Canucks - the hockey team. such a great night.

















also EVERYONE at HSBC. they were the loveliest colleauges i've ever had, introduced me to chinese culture, japanese food and the love affair i have with starbucks. any outside work activities involved food or drink. and i met the legends that are sylvia and julie.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home