Wednesday, January 25, 2006

French lessons

I haven't posted for ages so I'm making amends! Just got back from a lovely fabulous holiday in France with an equally fantastic friend Rachael! I have a link to her blog (et ca...c'est la drame under I like to read) although she posts even less than me!

At the end of the week I felt like I was leaving home and am missing everyone...so here's a photo of us when we went for a little Sunday afternoon walk (chose a photo which was minus eric cos he probably kill me for letting the CIA know what he looks like!) Clockwise from the centre: Rachael, Laura, Moritz, Marta (fantastic cook!) and Dennis.

Taking the ferry (Plymouth - Roscoff) was...interesting. A reclining seat is not "accommodation" by any stretch of the imagination - so not much sleep! But apart from that it was a great week, can't understand French, but definitely got a taste of the life of a Language Assistant stationed in a Bretagne town! We had memorable trips to le laverie (laundrette) [Rach - please feel free to correct my French, and I will adjust accordingly!], to Intermarche and Geant, to les restaurants and les pizzerias, and went jogging and swimming and hiking. We trawled through sewers (actually only crossed the sewage outlet on the beach so not quite - but it took us long enough!- particularly since Rachael had to give me a piggy back due to my inadequate footwear - or maybe just the magnitude of the task?), we visited Druids building bread ovens, took lessons in school (actually that was just Rachael, i just sat in!), met a lovely French flood defence engineer called Quentin and spoke English, French, Spanish, German and the hardest of all...American!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home