Wednesday, November 09, 2005

canada

im thinking about going away for a year to canada to work (getting a working visa through BUNAC). But i'm not exactly sure why i'm going. i don't want it to be a running away thing (likely) or a new start thing (connected) or a the world is my oyster thing (becos that's simply not true).

We were talking about how Paul had only one goal - everything else was rubbish compared to knowing Christ (Philippians 3:1-11). How we hold onto "everything".

It reminded me of the song "all i once held dear" which i guess is based on the passage:

all i once held dear/built my life upon/all this world reveres and wars to own/all i once thought gain/i have counted loss/spent and worthless now compared to this/

tune isn't that great but the words really stick. I know that I have been building my life upon something for the last few years and I knew i shouldnt have been, I was just desperate and hopeless. And stupid.

This is the time for me to be most aware of my availability to God, and for that reason i need to search my motives and my reasons - I can do whatever God wants me to:go anywhere, do anything. Question is - will i?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home