Canadian Employment
Or rather lack of it! No, I haven't got a job yet!Early days. Have applied for some but had two interview experiences which have slightly discouraged me....On the first proper day we had lunch in a coffee shop where we met a lovely guy who told us he was hiring. I dropped my resume off and was going to be interviewed by the boss at the shop. Got there to find I had to get the bus through the dodgy side of town out to what I would describe as Vancouver industrial estate and walk several blocks in the boiling sun, and new cheap black shoes. Needless to say was a little bit peeved but he did apologise eventually but implied I'd be working in that branch rather than the one I wanted to work in- downtown.Argh!
The next was an open interview in a posh hotel, so felt hopeful and dressed up smart and walked in with my head full of reasons why I'd be good at changing bed linen. But, no interview today sorry.
The third application was via a recruitment agency and after several phone calls to a busy man in the dept, and a trip up to the 12th floor of a downtown skyscraper, I was told that he doesn't deal with non-Canadians who don't have immigrant status. Failed again, but maybe today will be the day!
Plus looked round several apartments. getting expert now, although they are snapped up so fast! 3 of us Brits are going to find a place together but will update as events unfold!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home