Tuesday, August 08, 2006

critics

I suppose that should really read "criticisms". Several...

that my blogs should be more personal. well, I will try, but I mean how personal do you want to get? There's boring personal - my fillings are so bad I'm going to have to go to the dentist etc, or yuk personal - my feet really smell today, or emotional personal - i really want to marry Mr. X type thing but unfortunately nothing much is going on in my lovelife right now! Jane wanted to know who I fancied, and at the time I didn't really fancy anyone (in fact nothing has changed!), but she did press me on it, so I just made someone up to keep her quiet (before you gasp in dismay Jane, I suppose it's not untrue as such!) - and don't tell anyone at work but one of the guys there, however much I protest I don't fancy him, I do think he is quite cute. Mainly cos he is so easy to tease. [NOTE: Jane's conversational topics do occasionally range further than the average 12 year old]


that my blogging should be more frequent. I'm working on that. As you can see.


that the blog should appeal to a wider audience. That was actually a potential self criticism but I've argued against it because I write for me more than anyone else.

3 Comments:

At 8:04 pm, Blogger Neilissimo said...

it is a duifficult balancing act. Trying to get 'the personal', 'the political', 'the comedy' and the wider adience thing can be a little unsettling.

I've been a blogger for a shorter time so I bow down to your greater expereince on this one though.

For what it's orth, I thought your blog was good.

 
At 9:44 pm, Blogger Claire said...

thank you, what a lovely comment!
I think im aware of a few more people who know about this blog so it makes me more conscious of what i write especially if i'm reminded of things i've written in the past!

will definitely have a perusal of your blog - looks good!

 
At 3:37 pm, Blogger Neilissimo said...

Thanks for the thumbs up for my blog. I know I've got make some improvements to it, but I'll get there in the end. My friend is going tohelp my out to upload some pictures and so on.

I should really improve my spelling when commenting on other peoples blogs though - I just saw my first comment here - I'm embarrased, but it is a dodgy keyboard though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home